Updating closet doors

I didn’t think she’d have any long term issues with paint scraping, but just to be safe, we primed them…

Once the primer was dry, we began painting them the actual color, Onyx by Benjamin Moore, in a satin finish….

Once we had both doors framed, we filled all of the nail holes and any seems with wall putty.

When it was dry, we went back over it with a piece of sand paper until everything was smooth and flush. We decided it probably wouldn’t hurt to prime the doors.

We cut it down to 3″ strips and laid it out on the door how I was imagining…Once we had it laid out right, we used wood glue on the back of each piece, and nailed them in place… Yesterday, I shared how we planked the walls and ceiling.Just by doing that, the room looked entirely different.

They needed something, be that completely replaced with something else, painted or modified. First, we removed the doors from the closet, and started framing them out.She didn’t really have a preference, so I chose once she was gone. The bottoms and tops of them had scratches from of use, the bottom had chips missing out of the doors, and they were a horrific orange color. We used the same material as plank walls (4′ x 8′ sheets of underlayment at 1/4″ thick), but instead of the 1/4″ thickness, we used 1/8″.

english-premier-league.ru

94 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>